A highly practical postgraduate education workshop with a focus on ‘value-added’ veterinary services for beef/dairy farmers.
The stock bull has been often neglected as a potential contributor to beef and dairy herd infertility. To maximise herd fertility efficiency it is critical that infertile and sub-fertile bulls are identified. Pre-breeding examination of bulls should be a routine part of Veterinary Farm Health Plans and provides an excellent way to get more involved in beef and dairy herd fertility management.
Colin D Penny BVM&S CertCHP DBR DipECBHM MRCVS
- An illustrated lecture on examination of bulls for breeding soundness.
- Practical demonstration of examination techniques and collection of semen using electro-ejaculation.
- Advice on selection of equipment required.
- Practical laboratory-based microscope session on semen evaluation techniques.
- Q and A wrap up session/case studies.
- Illustrated course book provided.
Benefits & Objectives
Learn the skills required to carry out practical bull breeding soundness examinations and launch this service into your practice.