BCVA is celebrating it’s 50th Anniversary at the excellent Southport Theatre and Convention Centre where we have consistently received a warm Merseyside welcome with excellent facilities including a large trade exhibition based in the Floral Hall, great lecture rooms and a superb Congress hotel right next door. Southport is easily reached by road, rail and air and we have a superb CPD programme catering for all. The theme for the programme is ‘Making a Difference’ and in each stream of the programme the aim is to give delegates the tools they need to make that difference in the area being covered.
Last year we had a flavour of Devon brought to the congress and this year I can promise you we will have a taste of Cornwall – the land of pasties and cream! We can continue the essential debate regarding whether the jam or the cream goes on the scone first and also savour the delights of Cornish baking.
Here’s the President’s pick:
- Key Theme for 2017 is looking for practical outcomes. We are delighted to welcome internationally renowned keynote speaker Michael Pyman to open the congress.
- A focus on the vitally important area of Responsible Use of Antimicrobials and Antimicrobial resistance headlined by keynote speaker Mike Apley to give us a US perspective.
- Continuation of the highly successful Sheep stream in association with the Sheep Veterinary Society.
- Talks from a range of past presidents as we celebrate our 50th anniversary.
- The now well established Business stream.
- This year we have a Young Vets Stream on Saturday presenting topics that are specifically aimed at vets up to 8 years qualified.
- Range of our very popular workshops – including Downer Cows, Transition Cow failure, AMR Tool Kits, Mastitis control case discussions - amongst many others.
- Augmenting this is the BCVA’s social programme with plenty of entertainments, culminating in the President’s Dinner.
- As a continuation of the BCVA objectives of providing lifelong learning for all stages of veterinary career progression, we are providing special rates for veterinary undergraduates and reduced rates for post-graduates in ongoing full time education.
- Of course there is the usual early bird discount for early registration …and not forgetting BCVA’s customary social programme including the games night on the Thursday.
Together with the BCVA Board and office team, I look forward to meeting you in Southport!
Accommodation can be booked via the site below
Register by using the form below or online at https://www.bcva.eu/cpd/bcva-congress-2017
Delegate Brochure 2017 (email).pdf