Who? Cattle vets at all stages of their career. An excellent ‘next step’ following attendance of the foundation courses.
What? Topics include lameness, beef and bull, infectious diseases, mastitis, youngstock and nutrition. All courses are run over either 1.5 or 2 days.
Where? Various locations around the UK.
Why? An opportunity to obtain both technical information and practical application of this information.
Want help completing your CertAVP?
If you are enrolled on the CertAVP course, you can benefit from attending both foundation and advanced BCVA CPD courses. The structure and content have been approved by the RCVS to help you work towards completion of the B (foundation) and C (advanced) modules.
Over one and a half days this course will complement the technical info already available to support study of the CertAVP with practical aspects of bovine nutrition. The course is ideal for those studying for CertAVP(cattle) as well as for those wanting a practical course in bovine nutrition.
- Common feedstuffs, where they come from and their role in bovine rations
- Forage production and management
- Practical Grazing Management
- Dairy Feeding Systems
- Youngstock and beef feeding Systems
- Animal Requirements and the basics of ration formulation
- Common nutritional problems
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Apply technical nutritional information in a practical context on farm
- Support their herd health advice through a greater depth of practical nutritional knowledge